Sunday, September 4, 2022

Basement Scope Creep

 The scope of our basement remodel keeps increasing.  Unhappy with TV consoles to put under our rather-large TV, we decided to put built-in wall cabinets underneath it.  So they should come out about 14" from the wall vs 20 or so with most TV consoles, buffets, credenza's etc.  

I bought an unfinished maple cabinet from Menards that is Shaker style like our kitchen.  I'm painting it as a test to see if I can get an acceptable finish (to keep costs down).  My hope is I can avoid (at this point in my life) learning to spray paint cabinets (including getting all the equipment, space, etc.)


^--- A 12" wide unfinished maple cabinet as a test case

^--  Using quality primer and paint

^-- Seeing how it looks under the TV.  
We'd put in two 36" wide cabinets centered below the TV

^-- The maple cabinets have maple veneer ply sides











No comments: