Sunday, November 6, 2022

Basement Update November 2022

For the basement, I'm working on prototype for a rectangular side table to match the other tables we purchased for the room...since the manufacture does not offer one in that shape. It has to be of Baltic Birch plywood and exposed plies on the edge to match. The purchased tables look like they took 12mm and 18mm sheets and glued them together. Then put a 45-degree bevel on the bottom 18mm sheet. I put together a *very* simple prototype (without the bevels) to get an idea of how it has to fit the space. I'm currently working on proper dimensions, getting a beveled edge without plywood rip-out, and legs (color and their orientation). Here's some pics...


^--- This is the table shape I'm trying to mimic. 
 Notice the 12mm and 18mm (top/bottom) sheets of 
plywood and then the 45-degree bevel on the bottom 18mm.


^----- This is my simple prototype to see how it fits the space. 
I have 12mm and 19mm Baltic Birch plywood sheets together, 
but I have not attempted doing a 45-degree bevel.
 I will first try and find the proper size top to fit the space 
(probably 15"x30"). The current legs are Ash.

^----Playing around with some leg shapes. 
On the far left is my prototype. 
Moving to the right I have the beveled lower top (18mm/45-degree).
 On the far right are metal legs that I have ordered to see how they look.

^--- Every DiCarlo endeavor needs a fictitious company behind it.








No comments: